Kindness is an expression of simplicity. It costs us nothing to offer a genuine smile, warm greeting, or heartfelt thanks. Here is a list of 10 simple acts of kindness you can perform on any given day:
- Offer to return someone’s cart to the corral after they have loaded their groceries.
- Ask your cashier, waitress, bank teller (or other customer service person) about their day. *Be interested in their response.
- Say “thank you” when someone performs a kindness for you, gives you something, or helps you in some way.
- Hold the door open for someone approaching.
- Send an encouraging note to a friend in need of cheering up.
- Smile at a stranger.
- Share something- be it a stick of gum; a bite of your dinner/dessert; a section of the newspaper; your time and attention.
- Bake cookies, muffins, or a pie, and deliver it to someone- just because. 🙂
- Give hugs (this one comes from my four-year old). *You can watch video for Free Hugs here.
- Visit a shut-in. Read a book or watch TV with them. Ask them about their life. Laugh with them.
- Bonus (seasonal): Rake leaves, shovel snow, plant seeds, or water the garden for your neighbor.
What simple act of kindness will you perform today? Share your ideas in the comments.
Blogging from A to Z:
Day 1: Assess
Day 2: Beauty
Day 3: Cull
Day 4: Donate
Day 5: Encourage
Day 6: Faith
Day 7: Gratitude
Day 8: Health
Day 9: Intention
Day 10: Joy (Ike)